A sustainable future
The history of GMH Recycling GmbH
The GMH Recycling success story
1923 – Klöckner & Co. AG commences operations at the site in Osnabrück.
1936 – Adolf Ellermann GmbH is founded in Osnabrück. The company specialises in the purchasing of scrap and metals from commercial enterprises and private customers around the city of Osnabrück.
1980 – Klöckner & Co. AG finds the location still used by the company today at the Osnabrück port. The favourably situated Osnabrück port means the storage location is easy to reach via waterways, road and rail.
1995 – The Osnabrück site of Klöckner & Co. AG transfers to Georgsmarienhütte Holding GmbH and operates under the name RRO Rohstoff Recycling Osnabrück GmbH. At the same time Adolf Ellermann GmbH becomes part of the group of companies with two further sites.
2001 – The Dortmund site is established under the name RRD Rohstoff Recycling Dortmund GmbH with location in Hardenberg port. In addition to traditional scrap trade, this site processes bulky scrap from heavy industry as well as integrated foundries and steelworks.
2017 – The three sites are amalgamated under GMH Recycling GmbH. As GMH Gruppe companies they are part of a strong alliance consisting of over 20 companies at 54 locations worldwide.